Situated at the confluence of the Mara and Olkeju rivers in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve, Ashnil Mara Camp provides a luxurious getaway in the wild and a perfect post-game drive resting spot.
Day 01, 14th April 2017: Nairobi City – Masai Mara National Reserve
- Morning meeting point (to be advised) at 07:00 am with your driver-guide and after a brief introduction you depart westwards for safari to Masai Mara National Reserve with a brief stop-over at the panoramic Viewpoint of the Great Rift Valley and arrival at your lodge in time for check-in/lunch followed by a short rest.
- Later afternoon, a game viewing drive in the reserve follows to run until sunset and then return to camp. Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Mara Camp (L,D)
Day 02, 15th April 2017: Masai Mara National Reserve
- Full day spent fully in the pack inclusive of game drives in the morning & afternoon and picnic lunch by the river Mara. Attractions include lion, buffalo, elephant, the elusive leopard, endangered rhino, wildebeest, various antelope types and a rich birdlife array among others. In the evening you return to your camp for overnight.
- Dinner and overnight at Ashnil Mara Camp (B,L,D)
- Dubbed “the lion country” this reserve shares the delicate eco-system with the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania and teems with a very high wildlife population which includes all the Big Five. This is also the epi- centre of the phenomenal annual wildebeest migration (Gnu) which attracts all the big cats and herbivores alike, as they compete with each other for survival and against crocodile attacks coupled with hippo accidents. Other wildlife to be found include the resident wildebeest, hartebeest, topi, eland, jackal, hyena, fox, serval cat, wild dog, impala, kudu, gazelle and the warthog. The birdlife range is also quite impressive with secretary bird, ostrich, plover, superb starling, cormorant, spoonbill and crested crane among others finding their home here. The reserve’s topography is quite beckoning, what with gently rolling savannah landscape dotted by old and massive anthill eruptions here and there amid endless space of African skies.
Day 03, 16th April 2017: Masai Mara National Reserve-Nairobi City
- After breakfast you depart for your drive back to Nairobi City to arrive later in the afternoon.
- (this day’s lunch will be on your own arrangement)
- (B at Ashnil Mara Camp)
Key: L – Lunch, D – Dinner, B – Breakfast
This Package is valid from the 14th of April to the 16th of April 2017 and it includes:
- Return transport: Nairobi-Mara
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Ashnil Mara Camp on full board
- Unlimited game drives in the game reserve in a specially designed safari-van with a pop-up roof for good game-viewing
- Services of our professional driver-guide
- Applicable Easter supplement and Government Levy
The Package Excludes
- Park entry fees (payable direct at the gate upon arrival)
- KES 2,000 Per Adult Kenyan National with proof of citizenship status (ID, Passport…)
- KES 1,000 Per Child
- Drinking water and other drink assortments
- Visits to any Maasai Village
- Gratuities and items of personal nature
- Any other item not mentioned above
Give us a call on +254-790-494-639 / +254-705-804-226 prior to purchase if further information is needed.
Reservations are subject to availability. Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies