For decades Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge has been one of Kenya’s flagship lodges, famed for its warmth, vibrancy and legendary hospitality. A favorite amongst travelers in search of luxury accommodation, Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is a luxurious safari escape set in the heart of the Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary overlooking a waterhole and the vast Tsavo plains.
The ultimate standard in design, comfort, facilities, food and leisure come together to create a blend of quality and opulence, rarely seen at any five star hotel in the region.
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge’s spacious, well-appointed double rooms are all en suite and give you a chance to enjoy breathtaking views of wildlife from the comfort of your room. To add to the charm and intimacy, the soft, fine linen, huge beds and thick white towels quietly whisper romance. All bedrooms have mosquito netting and a ceiling fan, and each room is equipped with electric current: 220 volts, 50 cycles AC, shaver outlets 110/220 volts, 50 cycles AC.
- The entire lodge is raised on stilts, providing 24-hour game viewing opportunities from any corner of the lodge. Each room is spacious and beautifully appointed, featuring exquisite ethnic décor in keeping with the Tsavo environment.
- The lodge has 96 unique rooms, all built across two levels, with ensuite bathrooms with permanent showers and WC, and running hot and cold water.
- The hotel allows children from the age of 7.
- Dining at Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge is an elegant and intimate affair. The culinary journey is enhanced by well-appointed tables and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Enjoy excellent cooking in the light and airy dining area, or outside dining in the bush overlooking the Taita Hills flora and fauna.
- Sarova Salt Lick Game Lodge excels in the freshness and quality of its food which is supported by the vegetable and herb garden located at Sarova Taita Hills Lodge nearby.
- Bura Restaurant, which is the main restaurant, with a capacity of 150 people, overlooks the watering holes, serving buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner with live cooking counters preparing speciality dishes. Cuisines include Pan-African, Pan-European and Pan-Asian.
- The Vura Bar & Lounge provides spectacular views of the main waterhole and surrounding grasslands, and are ideal to relax and have your favourite cocktail or coffee while watching the wildlife below.
- Swimming - A beautiful free form swimming pool is open all day at the sister property Sarova Taita Hills Game Lodge located nearby.
- Wildlife Talks -The Sanctuary is a success story in sustainable conservation where wildlife - including elephant, lion, buffalo and giraffe thrive. An informative wildlife presentation in the evening by a qualified ecologist/ranger is arranged on request.
- Bush Breakfast - This is a unique experience of dining in the wilderness on a sumptuous breakfast. The breakfast includes live cooking against the backdrop of the Taita Hills and grassy plains of the Sanctuary.
- ‘Out of Africa’ dinners - The beautiful landscape sets the backdrop for a bush dinner at Kudu Point, the highest location in the Sanctuary.
- Spectacular sunsets and magnificent views of Mount Kilimanjaro - weather permitting - complement a truly unique experience as you sip sundowners and experience a barbeque in the wild, accompanied by a trio of local musicians.
- Nature Walks - The Sanctuary offers many diverse opportunities for you to experience the unique flora, fauna and culture of this fascinating ecosystem. Take a nature walk with a qualified ranger guide, with emphasis on the natural environment you encounter as you walk leisurely through the bush.
- The lodge also has entertainment by local musicians every evening.
- Enjoy self parking at the lodge
- Check-in is from 1200hrs and Check-out time is until 1000hrs
The package is valid until 22nd of December 2017 and it includes:
- Accommodation (per night) in a standard room
- Meals on full board basis
The package excludes:
- Park fees of KES 275 per person per day
Give us a call on +254-790-494-639 / +254-705-804-226 prior to purchase if further information is needed.
Reservations are subject to availability. Cancellation/re-scheduling policy applies